Budget 2019 Updates: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman announces India took 55 years to make India $1 Trillion economy this government added as much in 5 years. She added India would able to achieve $5 Trillion economy in the next few years.
- She hinted a new tenancy law for power sector soon.
- In Insurance company, FDI would invest 100% from now onwards.
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches a new pension scheme for small retail traders.
- Nearly 1,25,000 km of roads will be upgraded under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana at an estimated cost of nearly Rs 80,200 crore.
- She said that further opening up of FDI limits in aviation, media, insurance is being considered.
- Under the "Study in India" program, the focus is to bring foreign students to India for higher education as the government is catering on education system.