Budget 2019 Updates: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aawas Yojna the time has come down to 114 days in 2017-18 from 314 days.
- The government proposes to construct 1.95 crore houses under PMAY. Also, wants to invest Rs 80,250 crore for development of roads under PM Gram Sadak Yojana. Another Rs 50 lakh investment is estimated for railways infrastructure from 2018-30.
- Under pension scheme for 3 crore retail traders, shopkeepers with an annual turnover of less than Rs 1.5 crore.
- She added on the Housing sector, that the government would invest Rs 100 crore for infrastructure for the next 5 years.
- Banking & Financial Sector: Government would recapitalize of Rs 70,000 crores in banking system those who are under PAC act, to boost the capital of the bank, so credit can be improved in the economy.
- She added more that, the government is setting an enhanced target of Rs 1,05,000 crore for disinvestment during FY20 and will continue with disinvestment of PSUs in the non-financial space as well.