Now that the phase 1 of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 is all set to take place on Thursday, all political parties are intensely canvassing for the April 11 polls as it is the last day of canvassing for phase 1. Thus, today at 11 am the BJP released its manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
On the manifesto launch, the party’s top leaders including PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah are available. The manifesto described as the BJP’s “Sankalp Patra” where senior leader Arun Jaitley unveiled the campaign themes and other materials with the tag line – “Phir Ek bar Modi Sarkar”.
When Congress released its manifesto, it was found out that it was more focused on employment, NYAY, GST 2.0, Electoral reforms, rural development, economic & foreign policies, and national security. But, mainly it was on employment.
According to sources, “All of the 4 lakh vacancies as on April 1, 2019, in the Central Government, Central Public Sector Enterprises, Judiciary and Parliament will be filled before the end of March 2020. Congress will request state Governments to fill all vacancies, estimated at 20 lakh, in the 2 sectors, and in local bodies.”
In taking the matters into his hand – Amit Shah reminds everyone of Lok Sabha Election of 2014. Today, most households have electricity. There are more than 8 crore toilets in the country, 7 crore houses have been provided gas facility and 50 crores free treatment for the poor has been ensured.
At the release, Rajnath Singh is speaking of Sankalp Patra for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 where he assured that the BJP’s vision for 2019 accommodates vision of our entire country. Mr. Singh also indicates that the manifesto is solely made to address growth and take a step towards building a ‘New India’.
Some highlights of BJP Manifesto are as follows:
- We will show zero tolerance – Rajnath
- According to Rajnath Singh the Kissan Samman Yojana to be expended.
- Citizenship bill will be passed.
- “We reiterate our stand to explore all possibilities within the framework of the Constitution to facilitate the construction of a Ram Temple in Ayodhya.” – Rajnath Singh
- To take extreme measures when facing terrorism, the free hand policy will continue for the security forces – Rajnath Singh.
- Pensions for small shopkeepers
- National Highways will be doubled by the year 2022.
- Provision for a kisan pension to farmers older than 60 years of age.
- In order to strengthen the strike capability of the armed forces, we will equip them with modern equipment. Also, we will take effective steps to prevent illegal immigration in the Northern states. – Rajnath Singh.
- The railway tracks to be electrified by the year 2022.
- BJP is committed on the implementation of a Uniform Civil Code.
- We commit to make India a $5trillion economy by 2025 – Rajnath Singh.